1. Eligibility :-
No candidate shall be admitted to the Foundation Course Examination unless
(i) he/she has valid Identification No. and a valid Coaching Clearance
(ii) he/she is not debarred from appearing ICAI Examination for the Term
(iii) he/she has submitted the Examination form duly filled in within
the specified time along with the requisite fees to the Director (Examination).
2. Mode of payment :-
Fees are to be deposited only by Demand Draft drawn on any scheduled bank
in favour of "The Institute of Cost Accountants of India", payable
at Kolkata. Payment by Money Order or Indian Postal Order or by Cheque
will not be accepted.
3. How to fill up the form :-
The candidate is advised to ensure that
(a) The application is filled up completely and scanned photo & sign
must be uploaded properly;
(b) The correct amount is remitted towards examination fees;
(c) The address furnished in the examination application form will be
treated as the official communication address for sending Admit Card /
Marks Sheet and any examination related correspondence;
(d) Medium of language for writing answers must be correctly mentioned.
He/She may write answers either in English or in Hindi. Mixing up of both
languages in the Answer Scripts will liable to be cancelled;
(e) A candidate must write his/her Name, Examination Centre in Block
Letters and the Examination Centre Code in the space provided for in the
Application Form. Centre once opted for will not be changed under any
circumstances. See reverse for Examination Centre and Corresponding Codes;
4. (a) The Application Forms with all enclosures must be
submitted to the Institute's Headquarters at 12, Sudder Street, Kolkata
- 700 016;
(b) Foundation Course Examination
Application Form properly completed should be attached with :
Photo copy of Coaching Completion Certificate duly attested.
5. Last Date of Receipt of Application Form :-
Last date of Receipt of Applications at the Headquarters of the Institute
is 10th April for June and 10th October for December Examinations. Applications
may also be accepted within 10 days after the last date with late fee
of 300/- only (US $10 for
6. Non-Receipt of Admit Card :-
In case of non-receipt of Admit Card before ten days of the examination,
enquiry to be made at ICAI HQ, Examination Directorate quoting the Examination
Centre opted and Identification Number.
7. Forms for Overseas Centres are to be submitted to the Institute Headquarters
at the above address.
8. Incomplete Application forms are liable to be rejected.
9. Request for change of centre will not be entertained under any circumstances.
10. Under no circumstances, request for refund of examination fees will
11. The students are advised to keep the photocopy of the Demand Draft
and the filled-up Examination Application Form with him/her before sending
the same to the Institute for any further reference.
12. The Students are advised to go through the "Conditions for
appearing in Examination" issued by the Directorate of Studies &
Students will not be allowed to appear for Examination unless all conditions
13. In case of any difficulty or for any clarification please contact
your nearest Regional Council or Chapter Office or visit the Institute's
Website [www.icwai.org] or Contact H.Q. Examination Directorate.
14. Any dispute arising out of matters of Examination shall be subject
to jurisdiction of the Calcutta Courts.